Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Unit 3 Reflection

Throughout Unit 3, I came to realize how the Unit emphasizes the main functions of the cell, and how it came to be. As I progressed through this unit, I have acknowledged that the process of Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration bothered me at first, but have eventually become more clear with repeated study and collaboration with my group. From this, most of this content is easy to understand for me, and I have not struggled with too many topics, excluding Photosynthesis and Cellular respiration.
As I understood most content from this unit, I have learned that cells contain multiple organelles, which all help the cell to function in some way, varying from membranes which filter things in and out of the cell, to mitochondria, which provide energy for the cell. I have also learned that cells have evolved from cyanobacteria, becoming heterotrophs which ate cyanobacteria, eventually folding in membranes to allow symbiosis between the bacteria, which made energy for the heterotroph, in order to recieve protection from the heterotroph. Autotrophs, however, make their own energy.
From this Unit, I am inclined to learn about the Calvin cycle and the Citric Acid Cycle, as they were not explained in depth in class and during the vodcasts. This is only explained in context of its role in photosynthesis and cellular respiration. Other from this, I have little questions on the unit and have understood most of the content in the unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment